Das Team Forenränge
Tippen Alle Tipps Ergebnisse Tabelle Rangliste Spieltag Gesamtrangliste Tipprunden-Regeln
FAQ Nutzungsbedingungen Datenschutzrichtlinien
  • Nachrichteneingang
  • Nachricht verfassen
  • Administration Moderations-Bereich Info Boxes
  • Übersicht
  • Einstellungen
  • Freunde und ignorierte Mitglieder
  • Celtic-Points Informationen
    Scottish Cup Semi Final
    20.04.2024 13.30 Uhr DZ
    Hampden Park
    Celtic FC - Aberdeen 3-3 (6-5 n.E)

2 # Alistair Johnston / Abwehr

Alles zur aktuellen Mannschaft und den einzelnen Spielern

2 # Alistair Johnston / Abwehr

Beitragvon Gollum » Mo 12. Dez 2022, 19:40

Alistair Johnston: I spoke to Ange and knew immediately that I wanted to come to Celtic

Alistair Johnston did not have to think twice about joining Celtic when the opportunity arose. The Canadian internationalist, after representing his country at the World Cup in Qatar, is now heading to Paradise, having signed a five-year deal with the Scottish champions. With plenty of Scottish and Irish family connections, over and above the number of Celtic supporters in Canada, he was already well aware of just how big a club Celtic are. And having spoken with Ange Postecoglou, he knew that Paradise was the place he wanted to be. So it was the easiest of decisions to sign for the Scottish champions. The 24-year-old defender will meet up with his new team-mates next weekend when they return from their training camp in Portugal, and he’s already looking forward to his new football challenge in Scotland.
    Speaking exclusively to Celtic TV, Alistair Johnston said: “When a club like Celtic comes calling, it will turn any footballer’s head, and especially for myself, growing up in a British household, Celtic was one of the clubs that is near and dear to our hearts. And for me, it’s one of the biggest clubs in the world. Just to hear that this was a club that was interested in me, and to see the project the coaching staff have and the progress that this team and this club continues to make in Europe as well, it’s really exciting. Ange really was the one who sold me on it. I think for every single footballer, you want it to be the perfect fit, and you want to go somewhere that, not only do you feel that you’re a part of something and you feel that you’re wanted, but at the same time, it’s a good sporting fit as well. And based on what he said he’s looking to do with this squad and this club in the next couple of years, it felt like a perfect fit. He’s looking for young, driven players who want to take that next step and compete at the highest level, compete in the top stages of Europe and, for me, that was something which just called out to me and it felt right. From everything I’ve heard, he’s a top manager and his whole coaching staff have just got glowing reviews from everyone I’ve talked to, so that was another thing which was a big selling point for me on Celtic, and just absolutely made it a home run for me to make the move to Celtic Park.”
    Johnston is naturally delighted at having signed for Celtic, and that has been replicated by his family, who are looking forward to seeing him pull on the green and white Hoops.
    “I tell you this, I think they (parents) are already looking at real estate to potentially move back over there,” he said. “We’ve got a ton of family in Scotland and in Ireland as well, so they’re already looking at that, and that’s the dream, to be over there and watch their son play week in, week out in the Scottish Premiership, so it’s been really exciting. My Dad’s a huge football fan, and my mum’s from Northern Ireland, so there’s tons of connections there, and that’s also what made it a perfect fit.”

Celtic TV - First Interview and Full Media Conference with new Bhoy Alistair Johnston
    Slawa Ukrajini - Tiocfaidh ár lá
    Gollum
    Administrator
    Administrator

Sternzeichen:
    Europ.: Löwe Chin.: Drache
    Celtic-Points: 391.642,10 Celtic-Points

Re: 2 # Alistair Johnston / Abwehr

Beitragvon Gollum » Di 13. Dez 2022, 15:43

- Alistair Johnston's Celtic credentials in focus by Rangers favourite as he earns glowing Danny McGrain comparison
    It breaks Colin Miller’s heart to admit it. But the former Rangers defender reckons Celtic have signed a gem in Alistair Johnston. A full back in the mould of his old adversary Danny McGrain no less. And while the 24-year-old has a long way to go to even get close to the Hoops icon, Miller reckons the £3million signing from CF Montreal has what it takes to become a fans’ favourite at Parkhead in his own right.

- New Celtic signing Alistair Johnston given Man United legend comparison by ex-boss as he tells fans what to expect
    Johnston has earned plenty of admirers from his recent displays. One former youth team coach has even insisted fans looking for a guide to his playstyle should look no further than Old Trafford hero Gary Neville.

Klingt, ebenso wie seine ersten Aussagen gestern, erstmal durchaus vielversprechend.
    Gollum
    Administrator
    Administrator

Sternzeichen:

Beitragvon Gollum » Do 9. Mär 2023, 15:08

Johnston hat sich bisher wirklich groĂźartig in die Mannschaft eingefĂĽgt und die Nachfolge von Juranovic nahtlos ĂĽbernommen. Und am letzten Wochenende gegen St Mirren jetzt auch sein erstes Tor fĂĽr Celtic geschossen (ab 2:38).

Celtic TV - Alistair Johnston On The Match | St Mirren 1-5 Celtic

Auch in Interviews macht er bislang einen sehr guten Eindruck:

BARRY FERGUSON reckons Alistair Johnston is too intelligent to be a football player
    The Canadian defender only sealed his Celtic switch in December but it feels like he's been a part of the squad for years after settling into life in Scotland so quickly.
    Gollum
    Administrator
    Administrator

Sternzeichen:

Beitragvon Gollum » Fr 24. Mär 2023, 16:53

Gollum hat geschrieben:BARRY FERGUSON reckons Alistair Johnston is too intelligent to be a football player
    The Canadian defender only sealed his Celtic switch in December but it feels like he's been a part of the squad for years after settling into life in Scotland so quickly.

Apropos intelligent:

Celtic TV's Quickfire Qs with Alistair Johnston

Das Format ist ganz unterhaltsam, und besonders eine Antwort fand ich witzig, bei der Frage nach seinem liebsten Schulfach antwortet Johnston (ab 1:40) tatsächlich Mathe und Physik.

Irgendwie hat er optisch ja tatsächlich bisschen was von einem Nerd...aber eben nur, bis man ihn dann mal beim Tackling sieht! ;D :celt1
    Gollum
    Administrator
    Administrator

Sternzeichen:

Beitragvon Lubo » Sa 25. Mär 2023, 09:17

Wusste ich gar nicht...

Ohne Fußball wäre er Architekt oder Anwalt geworden...

Alter Schwede... Mal eine inspirierende Abwechslung so ein Spieler.

Genialer Schachzug, ihn rechtzeitig zu holen und JJ ziehen zu lassen
    Celtic F. C. = ambitionsloses Import-Export-Unternehmen
    Lubo
    John Hartson
    John Hartson

Celtic-Points: 161.911,35 Celtic-Points
    Land: Deutschland

Beitragvon Gollum » Fr 5. Mai 2023, 00:26

Alistair Johnston Celtic injury return timeline revealed after Rangers Scottish Cup blow
    The Hoops defender was forced off during the semi-final against Rangers at Hampden last weekend following a 50/50 challenge with Borna Barisic. It left the Canadian in crutches at full-time but it didn't stop him from celebrating in front of the fans inside the stadium after the 1-0 win over their rivals. And supporters will be delighted to hear that they should have the 24-year-old ready for the Hampden showpiece on June 4.
    Gollum
    Administrator
    Administrator

Sternzeichen:

Beitragvon McCeltic » Di 23. Mai 2023, 16:06

Season 2016/17 Treble Winner
    Season 2017/18 Treble Winner
    Season 2018/19 Treble Winner
    Season 2019/20 SPL Champion, League Cup Winner

Celtic Football Club 1888

Froggies CSC
    McCeltic
    Administrator
    Administrator

Sternzeichen:
    Europ.: Zwilling Chin.: Hund
    Celtic-Points: 331.770,05 Celtic-Points

Beitragvon Gollum » Do 13. Jul 2023, 12:18

Alistair Johnston dealt Celtic injury blow as defender set to miss start of the season
    ALISTAIR JOHNSTON looks set to miss the start of Celtic’s season. The injured Canada right-back has yet to begin training with Brendan Rodgers’ squad. The 24-year-old suffered an ankle injury in the Scottish Cup semi- final against Rangers in April but recovered for the final victory against Inverness. Johnston then went on international duty and started games against Panama and the USA, but he came off after an hour against the States and coach John Herdman later admitted he was still “carrying an injury”. Four weeks on, Johnston has not returned to training.
    Gollum
    Administrator
    Administrator

Sternzeichen:

Beitragvon McCeltic » Sa 19. Aug 2023, 11:07

Wieder im Training. :top1
    Season 2016/17 Treble Winner
    Season 2017/18 Treble Winner
    Season 2018/19 Treble Winner
    Season 2019/20 SPL Champion, League Cup Winner

Celtic Football Club 1888

Froggies CSC
    McCeltic
    Administrator
    Administrator

Sternzeichen:
    Europ.: Zwilling Chin.: Hund
    Celtic-Points: 331.770,05 Celtic-Points

Beitragvon Big John » Sa 19. Aug 2023, 13:56

Ganz wichtiger Spieler…. Hat Juranovic vergessen gemacht…. Jura wer?
    That was Brother Walfrid's dream
    Big John
    John Hartson
    John Hartson

Sternzeichen:
    Europ.: Stier Chin.: Schlange
    Celtic-Points: 159.019,60 Celtic-Points

ZurĂĽck zu The Team