Das Team Forenränge
Tippen Alle Tipps Ergebnisse Tabelle Rangliste Spieltag Gesamtrangliste Tipprunden-Regeln
FAQ Nutzungsbedingungen Datenschutzrichtlinien
  • Nachrichteneingang
  • Nachricht verfassen
  • Administration Moderations-Bereich Info Boxes
  • Übersicht
  • Einstellungen
  • Freunde und ignorierte Mitglieder
  • Celtic-Points Informationen
    31. SPL Spieltag
    31.03.2024 13 Uhr DZ
    Tony Macaroni Arena
    Livingston - Celtic FC

33 # Matt O'Riley / Mittelfeld

Alles zur aktuellen Mannschaft und den einzelnen Spielern

33 # Matt O'Riley / Mittelfeld

Beitragvon Gollum » Do 20. Jan 2022, 22:43

Matt O'Riley: Signing for Celtic was an easy decision after speaking to Ange

Like everyone else in football, Matt O’Riley was already well aware of Celtic’s size and stature as a club, so the prospect of signing for the Hoops was one that excited him. And after just one phone-call with Celtic manager, Ange Postecoglou, the 21-year-old midfielder was ready to pack his bags and head to Paradise. O’Riley has joined on a four-and-a-half-year deal with the club, subject to international clearance, becoming Celtic’s fifth signing of the January transfer window, and the former MK Dons player can’t wait to link up with his new team-mates.
    Speaking exclusively to Celtic TV, the new Bhoy said: “It feels amazing. It’s the first time taking the stadium in and it’s even better than I thought it would be and, to put it simply, I’m just really happy to be here. It’s a massive club and I’m just really excited to get going. There were other options, ones that I thought were the only ones before Celtic, and then Celtic came out of the blue, to be fair. I found out quite late, and then I had a phone-call with Ange. He came across really, really well and he was the one who really sold it to me. Obviously the club itself is massive, but just speaking to him really sorted it out for me. With the style he plays, and all that surrounds it, and him as a person, as soon as I got off the phone I was ready to come, to be honest.”
    O’Riley began his professional career with Fulham, making his first-team debut at the age of just 16, and he established some Celtic connections during his time with the club, which included working with Hoops legend, Peter Grant, and playing alongside former Celts, Stefan Johansen and Patrick Roberts.
    “Peter Grant coached me during my time at Fulham in the Under-23s,” O’Riley explained. “He’s a really nice guy and he helped me develop during my time at Fulham. Pat (Patrick Roberts), I went to school with. He’s a little bit older than me so we didn’t speak much but at the time he was someone I looked up to at Fulham. He was doing really well at the time, so that’s another one for the storybooks. I got to know Stef too, so I’m good mates with all of them, but it just shows you that a club like Celtic can attract players like Stef and Pat, and Peter of course, and it’s nice to just follow the same route as such.”
    And in being completely sold on the club after his conversation with Ange Postecoglou, the midfielder admitted that it was the style of football Celtic are playing which was so appealing.
    “That’s another thing that was massive in terms of my decision to come here,” O’Riley admitted. “I always said that I wouldn’t just join a club if they paid me a certain amount of money if the style wasn’t right. I’m not that kind of guy. The style is right here and, again, that’s one of the main reasons why I’ve come. Ange said to me on the phone that, of course, we want to win – the expectation is to win – but win the right way, win by playing proper football and that’s what I came here to do. The big stage is what I want as a player and that’s one of the main reasons I’ve come here – the fanbase, the size of the club. I mean, 40,000 sounds like a lot to me, so the fact that it’s close to 60,000 people here is pretty incredible and it’s something I’m really excited about.”

Celtic TV - First Interview with new Bhoy Matt O'Riley
    Slawa Ukrajini - Tiocfaidh ĂĄr lĂĄ
    Gollum
    Administrator
    Administrator

Sternzeichen:
    Europ.: Löwe Chin.: Drache
    BeitrÀge: 6350
    Celtic-Points: 391.498,65 Celtic-Points

Re: 33 # Matt O'Riley / Mittelfeld

Beitragvon Gollum » Do 20. Jan 2022, 23:09

Who is Matt O'Riley?

Who is he?
    O'Riley is a left-footed midfielder who can play in various roles. O'Riley had a taste of first team action at Fulham but has made his name with MK Dons. The former England youth international has established himself as one of the best players in League One over the past two seasons and his eye for the target has been pivotal for a side who a real shot of automatic promotion. He has experience playing deeper but is also expected to get forward and support attacks, something which is a non-negotiable in the way Postecoglou's side play.

What would be bring to Celtic?
    A bit of everything. He is firm in the tackle but it's his exploits in front of goal that mark him out. His seven strikes have happened because he is a regular goal threat week in, week out. O'Riley has averaged 2.5 shots per game over the past six weeks and is a constant menace in the final third. But he pops up everywhere and looks an obvious fit for a team who like their men in the middle to swap roles.

Does he compare to anyone?
    A 6ft 2in playmaker who likes to take the ball for a walk, that sounds a lot like Rogic. It would be remiss to say he's like the Wizard of Oz, however, there is plenty of similarities in terms of stature and an innate ability to wriggle free in tight situations. O'Riley is no slouch and appears the prototypical attacking option that every manager covets. And he loves a dink ball, many of his assists come from his ability to loft a pass over defenders, something the likes of Daizen Maeda and Kyogo Furhashi will feast upon.

What has been said about him?
    Former boss Russell Martin waxed lyrical about his one-time charge and admitted he is a player he was keen on. But now looks set to miss out. The Swansea manager said: "Matt O’Riley is a fantastic player but he’s an MK Dons player. He would be a permanent addition that would take a certain level of investment for him to become a player away from MK Dons.
    "Before we do any business, especially permanently, it will take investment coming in. "The club is in a very different position financially than it has been for the last, however long, and we have to respect that and make sure that we’re planning accordingly. But I don't want to comment on any individual players. He’s a guy I've got a lot of respect for as a player and a person. I wish him nothing but success in his career. He’s having a fantastic season and lucky for MK Dons they have a player with so much ability."

Verdict
    It's pretty good one. A key strength under Postecoglou has been Celtic's ability to get players who suit the frenzied style that their manager loves. O'Riley has the legs to get around the pitch and he is all about breaking lines, as well as picking out team-mates with his superior vision. His best days are ahead of him and he has jumped at the chance to join a side who are in the mix for trophies this season and beyond.

Also fĂŒr mich klingt das alles sehr vielversprechend. Und auch das Bildmaterial, dass es von ihm gibt (zB hier oder hier) macht definitiv Lust auf mehr!
    Gollum
    Administrator
    Administrator

Sternzeichen:

Beitragvon GreenBhoy » Fr 21. Jan 2022, 00:13

In seinem Interview macht er einen bodenstĂ€ndigen und reflektierten Eindruck auf mich. Mit 21 außerdem sicherlich noch mit Potenzial nach oben. Bin sehr gespannt darauf, wie er sich ins Team einfĂŒgen wird und wie/wo Ange ihn einsetzen wird.

Gesendet von meinem motorola one vision mit Tapatalk
    GreenBhoy
    Aiden Mc Geady
    Aiden Mc Geady

BeitrÀge: 2217
    Celtic-Points: 48.786,90 Celtic-Points
    Land: Deutschland

Beitragvon Lubo » Mi 2. Feb 2022, 12:28

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/60184045

"I don't just sign players, I sign people. That is important and I had a great conversation with him. He is a very mature young man and credit to his parents for his upbringing.
    Celtic F. C. = ambitionsloses Import-Export-Unternehmen
    Lubo
    John Hartson
    John Hartson

BeitrÀge: 4926
    Celtic-Points: 159.466,15 Celtic-Points

Beitragvon Gollum » Sa 12. Feb 2022, 19:17

Scheint wirklich ein guter Typ zu sein und auf dem Platz hat er bislang auch voll eingeschlagen. Tritt da ĂŒberhaupt nicht wie ein Neuzugang auf, technisch hervorragend und sein SpielverstĂ€ndnis, vor allem seine tiefen PĂ€sse, sehen herausragend aus! Am Mittwoch ist ihm dann gegen Aberdeen auch sein erstes Tor gelungen (ab 1:36).

Matt O'Riley delighted to open his scoring account for Celtic

FĂŒr sein Defensivverhalten besteht sicherlich noch Verbesserungspotential, aber insgesamt kann man nach ein paar Wochen schon sagen, dass wir einen Spieler mit der QualitĂ€t und dem Potential fĂŒr gerade mal anderthalb Millionen aus England bekommen haben sieht wie ein echter Coup aus!
    Gollum
    Administrator
    Administrator

Sternzeichen:

Beitragvon Fightin-Irish » So 13. Feb 2022, 10:52

JUPPP :celt3
    Kann man so unterschreiben; der Junge spielt wie ein "alter" Hase und als wÀre er seit Jahren der Leitwolf im Team.
    Vor allem auf seiner Position als 10er scheint er das "fehlende" Puzzle-StĂŒck zu sein - TOP!
    Fightin-Irish
    Bobo Balde
    Bobo Balde

Sternzeichen:
    Europ.: Jungfrau Chin.: Ratte
    BeitrÀge: 1260
    Celtic-Points: 42.852,80 Celtic-Points

Beitragvon Gollum » Mi 16. Feb 2022, 18:13

Matt O'Riley hopes Celtic form can fire him to World Cup call up as England youth cap talks change of nation
    Ambitious Matt O'Riley has become a quick hit at Celtic since arriving last month and he's already got his eyes on a World Cup call. The 21-year old moved to Parkhead from MK Dons and has put in a string of impressive performances in Ange Postecoglou's midfield, fitting in without a problem to the Hoops side. O'Riley has been capped by England, the country of his birth, at under-16 and under-18 level but there are other options on the table for an international future. The former Fulham trainee is also eligible to play for Norway and Denmark, and it's a Danish call up O'Riley has his eye on.

Celtic star Matt O’Riley given Denmark call-up boost that could see midfielder going to World Cup in Qatar
    DENMARK'S talent development manager has confirmed Matt O'Riley is very much on their radar for a shock World Cup call-up. The former MK Dons star has impressed since his surprise move to Celtic last month with a string of outstanding displays for the Hoops.
    Gollum
    Administrator
    Administrator

Sternzeichen:

Beitragvon Gollum » Mi 16. MĂ€r 2022, 13:29

Matt O'Riley gets his first call-up for Denmark Under-21 squad
    MATT O’Riley played his part in Celtic’s 3-0 Scottish Cup win over Dundee United at Tannadice on Monday night. And the 21-year-old midfielder woke up today to the news that he’s been selected for the Denmark Under-21 squad for their forthcoming European Championship qualifier against Belgium. It is his first call-up to the Danish international set-up, with the player qualifying to play for Denmark through his mum. O’Riley has impressed for Celtic since joining from MK Dons back in January, with 12 appearances and one goal already to his name.
    Gollum
    Administrator
    Administrator

Sternzeichen:

Beitragvon Big John » Mi 16. MĂ€r 2022, 21:13

Das hat er sich mehr als nur verdient
 Er spielt wirklich stark und war von der ersten Minute an „integriert“
 Irgendwie hat bei ihm alles gepasst
    That was Brother Walfrid's dream
    Big John
    John Hartson
    John Hartson

Sternzeichen:
    Europ.: Stier Chin.: Schlange
    BeitrÀge: 5477
    Celtic-Points: 157.098,35 Celtic-Points

Beitragvon Gollum » Mi 30. MĂ€r 2022, 16:39

Matt O'Riley underlines Celtic hype as Denmark debut gets rave review and catches manager's eye
    The 21-year-old has committed his international future to the Danes and earned a call-up to Jesper Sorensen's squad. O'Riley replaced Oliver Rose-Villadsen in the second half of Tuesday's 1-1 stalemate in their Euro qualifier.
    Gollum
    Administrator
    Administrator

Sternzeichen:

Beitragvon Gollum » Do 23. Jun 2022, 21:05

Celtic ace Matt O’Riley in ‘promising’ first impression verdict by Denmark Under-21 boss
    MATT O'RILEY has been on the receiving end of a glowing report card after his initial link-up with the Denmark Under-21 squad. The 21-year-old Celtic ace recently made the call to switch international allegiance from England to the Danish set-up, for whom he qualifies via his mother. O'Riley picked up youth caps for England at Under-16 and Under-18 level while at Fulham and MK Dons. He's impressed since Ange Postecoglou brought him to Parkhead in January and Denmark's Under-21 boss Jesper Sorensen says the future for O'Riley with the Scandinavian country is "promising".

FĂŒr die dĂ€nische U-21 ist O'Riley zum Saisonabschluss beim EM Qualisieg gegen die TĂŒrkei auch sein erstes Tor gelungen (ab 3:20).
    Gollum
    Administrator
    Administrator

Sternzeichen:

Beitragvon Gollum » Mi 28. Sep 2022, 19:10

Ein weiteres Tor fĂŒr O'Riley beim 2-1 der dĂ€nischen U-21 gegen Kroatien (ab 0:00). Ging wohl um die Quali zur U-21 EM und am Ende haben die DĂ€nen im Elfmeterschießen verloren, da stand Matt aber schon nicht mehr auf dem Feld.
    Gollum
    Administrator
    Administrator

Sternzeichen:

Beitragvon Gollum » Fr 18. Aug 2023, 15:52

'I like him a lot': Brendan Rodgers purrs over Celtic ace but makes 'more you learn more you earn' comment
    Brendan Rodgers believes central midfielder Matt O’Riley is “only going to get better” at Celtic – and has urged him to keep adding goals to his game. O’Riley has started both of Celtic’s Premiership matches under new manager Rodgers and scored his second goal of the season with the final strike in Sunday’s 3-1 victory over Aberdeen. Last season, it took the 22-year-old until February to find the net and while he was an impressive performer at Pittodrie, Rodgers feels there is much more to come from the Denmark Under-21 internationalist.

Also bisher klappt das mit den Toren ja ganz gut...
    Gollum
    Administrator
    Administrator

Sternzeichen:

Beitragvon Big John » Sa 19. Aug 2023, 10:04

Genau sein Spielertyp
 Unter Rodgers ist auch McGregor richtig aufgeblĂŒht
 Hoffe er baut auch ihn auf. Talent ist ja da

Big John
    John Hartson
    John Hartson

Sternzeichen:

Beitragvon Gollum » Do 7. Sep 2023, 15:22

Celtic 'expected' to offer Matt O'Riley improved terms and a contract extension
    This is according to Sky Sports, who claim the Scottish champions want to add the Dane to a list of players who have signed new deals already this season. Kyogo Furuhashi, Daizen Maeda and Liel Abada all penned contract extensions over the last two months and O'Riley could be next. The 23-year-old has scored two goals and provided two assists during the first five games of the season. He won Celtic's Young Player of the Year award last year after providing the most assists in 2021. O'Riley's current deals runs until 2026.

HĂ€tte er sich mit seinen bisherigen Leistungen diese Saison absolut verdient, O'Riley scheint unter Rodgers echt nochmal einen Sprung nach vorne zu machen.

Matt O'Riley's key Celtic role in numbers as Mr Regular steps up to fill Jota void while replacements adapt
    The midfielder was the subject of two transfer bids this summer - from Bologna and a reported £10million attempted swoop from Leeds United - but both were booted out. Considering Ange Postecoglou paid £1.5million to bring him north from MK Dons 18 months ago, it could have been mighty tempting to cash in on the Denmark Under 21 international. But under Brendan Rodgers, O’Riley has proven to be one of, if not his best attacking weapon with the season still in its infancy. The 22-year-old is on two goals and three assists already - averaging a goal involvement every 88 minutes so far. That makes him the only player in the Scottish Premiership averaging a goal contribution in less than 90 minutes.
    Gollum
    Administrator
    Administrator

Sternzeichen:

Beitragvon Armin_Bhoy » Sa 30. Sep 2023, 10:33

Brendan Rodgers Fenian Army
    Armin_Bhoy
    Artur Boruc
    Artur Boruc

Sternzeichen:
    Europ.: Fische Chin.: Schlange
    BeitrÀge: 3096
    Celtic-Points: 71.824,00 Celtic-Points

Beitragvon Big John » Sa 30. Sep 2023, 10:54

Armin_Bhoy hat geschrieben:https://www.celticfc.com/news/2023/september/30/matt-o-riley-commits-his-future-to-celtic-as-he-signs-new-four-year-deal/

Matt O'Riley commits his future to Celtic as he signs new four-year deal

NĂ€chste TOP Nachricht.... Ein ganz wichtiger Spieler
    Big John
    John Hartson
    John Hartson

Sternzeichen:

Beitragvon Lubo » Sa 30. Sep 2023, 11:27

Damit steht die Achse hatate McGregor oriley und Kyogo!!
    Celtic F. C. = ambitionsloses Import-Export-Unternehmen
    Lubo
    John Hartson
    John Hartson

BeitrÀge: 4926
    Celtic-Points: 159.466,15 Celtic-Points

Beitragvon stonybhoy » Sa 30. Sep 2023, 12:04

Lubo hat geschrieben:Damit steht die Achse hatate McGregor oriley und Kyogo!!

Ja, sehr gute Nachrichten - unsere Top-Spieler langfristig gebunden, auch wenn ich nicht glaube, dass wir beide so lange in Hoops sehen.
    Aber dann wird der Geldspeicher halt wieder richtig voll gefĂŒllt, wenn Angebote aus dem SĂŒden kommen.
    stonybhoy
    Lee Naylor
    Lee Naylor

BeitrÀge: 445
    Celtic-Points: 14.464,65 Celtic-Points
    Land: Oesterreich

Beitragvon Gollum » Fr 20. Okt 2023, 14:21

Matt O'Riley lifts cinch Premiership Player of the Month
    It's been an incredible start to the season for Matt O'Riley, and his fine form has been rewarded today (Friday) as he was presented with the cinch Premiership Player of the Month award for September. The midfielder has five goals and two assists in his eight Premiership appearances this season, with the month of September seeing him score or assist in each of his four games. Grabbing an assist in the opening game of the month in the 1-0 win away to Ibrox, O'Riley then scored in each of the month's next three games, as Celtic defeated Dundee (3-0), Livingston (3-0) and he scored the all-important injury-time winner in the dramatic 2-1 win over Motherwell at Fir Park. The 22-year-old's fine form didn't go unnoticed on the international stage either, as O'Riley won his first call-up for the Denmark senior squad for their European Championship qualifier against San Marino on Tuesday.
    Gollum
    Administrator
    Administrator

Sternzeichen:

NĂ€chste

ZurĂŒck zu The Team