Das Team Forenränge
Tippen Alle Tipps Ergebnisse Tabelle Rangliste Spieltag Gesamtrangliste Tipprunden-Regeln
FAQ Nutzungsbedingungen Datenschutzrichtlinien
  • Nachrichteneingang
  • Nachricht verfassen
  • Administration Moderations-Bereich Info Boxes
  • Übersicht
  • Einstellungen
  • Freunde und ignorierte Mitglieder
  • Celtic-Points Informationen
    31. SPL Spieltag
    31.03.2024 13 Uhr DZ
    Tony Macaroni Arena
    Livingston - Celtic FC

5 # Liam Scales / Abwehr

Alles zur aktuellen Mannschaft und den einzelnen Spielern

5 # Liam Scales / Abwehr

Beitragvon Gollum » Mi 1. Sep 2021, 22:00

The stuff of dreams for Liam Scales as he joins the Hoops

Liam Scales is delighted to have joined Celtic as the last-day flurry of action saw the young Irishman joined by the latest trio of Celts, Giorgos Giakoumakis from VVV-Venlo, Jota from Benfica and Cameron Carter-Vickers from Spurs to cap off a busy and fruitful transfer window for the club. And after taking in the working conditions at Lennoxtown, he still can’t quite believe it’s all happening:
    The 23-year-old said: “It’s the stuff of dreams for any Irish boy – it’s Celtic. It’s a top club and as a kid if you’re growing up in Ireland, and someone asked you as a 12 or 13-year-old, ‘Who do want to play for?’ it’s always been Celtic and whatever club you support.
    “Obviously there’s the Irish connection and I have friends and family who are Celtic supporters so it’s a really proud moment.
    “I played for my local team, Arklow Town up until I was about 16 and I moved to UCD where I developed. I was there for three years under Collie O’Neill, he was great for me and then I moved on to Shamrock Rovers in Tallaght
    “I suppose I just kicked on and I won a league there with Rovers. It was an unbelievable 18 months for me as I developed an awful lot there and here I am.
    “It’s been unbelievable so far – the facilities, the training ground, the people, it’s great and it’s great to be here finally and I’m just looking forward to getting to work and getting going now.
    “Obviously there’s a new manager and loads of new players brought in so it’s a great time for Celtic and I’m just delighted to be a part of it. I can’t wait to kick on and try to get into the team – it’s a big season.”
    He added: “Over the years I’ve played in plenty of positions. I suppose when I was younger I was a left-sided midfielder and I kind of dropped back. At UCD I played mainly as a centre-back and I played a bit of left-back there as well, and in my first season at Shamrock Rovers I played centre-back. But with injuries to players this season I was put out left and I did quite well.
    “So I suppose I’m a versatile left-sided defender and I can play anywhere between the three positions – centre-back, left wing-back, left-back – as long as I’m playing, I’m happy.”
    Scales will be even happier playing the style of football that Ange Postecoglou has introduced and he can’t wait to get started.
    The Irishman said: “It’s high-intensity and they have a lot of possession with the full-backs coming inside to midfield. It’ll take some time to get used to the system but I’m already working on it now and I’ve been watching the games.
    “It’s similar in a way to Shamrock Rovers as it’s a possession-based team, so I know I have the experience to go and fit right in. It’s a massive step up, I know that myself and I know I’m going to have to be on it to make that step, but I’m more than ready. I’m really happy to be here and to be able to show that I can do it at this level.
    “I know it’s a massive club with a massive fanbase, and a massive fanbase back home in Ireland so I just want to do my family proud, and do well.”
    And back home in Ireland there a few people Scales would like to thank for getting him this far. He said: “Collie at UCD helped me a lot, he put a lot of faith in me as a young player. I played a lot there, I played a lot of senior games which a lot of young lads don’t really get the chance to do.
    “So that helped me an awful lot, and obviously Stephen Bradley the manager at Shamrock Rovers, as well as Glenn Cronin and Stephen McPhail, they all helped me an awful lot to develop me as player and a person as well, so I owe them an awful lot.”

Celtic TV - First Interview with new Bhoy Liam Scales
    Slawa Ukrajini - Tiocfaidh ĂĄr lĂĄ
    Gollum
    Administrator
    Administrator

Sternzeichen:
    Europ.: Löwe Chin.: Drache
    BeitrÀge: 6350
    Celtic-Points: 391.498,65 Celtic-Points

Re: 5 # Liam Scales / Abwehr

Beitragvon Gollum » Fr 3. Sep 2021, 16:06

Liam Scales' Celtic transfer followed by Republic of Ireland breakthrough as defender earns first senior call up
    Celtic defender Liam Scales has received a call-up to the Republic of Ireland national side, following injuries to two members of their squad. The 23-year-old, who can play at both centre-back and left-back, secured his dream move to the Hoops in August and has now received international acclaim to be called up to Stephen Kenny's side.

;irland:
    Gollum
    Administrator
    Administrator

Sternzeichen:

Beitragvon Gollum » So 12. Sep 2021, 16:24

Celtic new boy Liam Scales reveals the THREE positions he feels he is equally good at
    CELTIC new boy Liam Scales has told his new fans that he will feel equally at home at centre back, left back or left wing back. The club's new ÂŁ600,000 signing from Shamrock Rovers has been meeting the media for the first time after returning from his time with the Republic of Ireland squad.

Full Celtic Media Conference: Liam Scales (09/09/21)

Ich bin mal gespannt, ob er jetzt, wo Taylor doch lĂ€nger auszufallen scheint mit seiner Schulter, auf Links vielleicht schneller eine Chance bekommt als ursprĂŒnglich erwartet.
    Gollum
    Administrator
    Administrator

Sternzeichen:

Beitragvon Gollum » Di 21. Sep 2021, 22:52

Gollum hat geschrieben:Ich bin mal gespannt, ob er jetzt, wo Taylor doch lĂ€nger auszufallen scheint mit seiner Schulter, auf Links vielleicht schneller eine Chance bekommt als ursprĂŒnglich erwartet.

Anscheinend wohl eher nicht.

Liam Scales' Celtic waiting game explained after frozen out Boli Bolingoli makes shock return
    Ange Postecoglou admits Liam Scales "isn't quite ready" for first-team action amid a left-back crisis at Celtic. First-choice Greg Taylor is on the sidelines with a niggling shoulder injury, with rookie Adam Montgomery handed a start in the Europa League against Real Betis. In the shock defeat to Livingston, Boli Bolingoli was brought back in for his first appearance for the club since being shipped out to Istanbul Basaksehir on loan. But what about Scales? After signing for the Parkhead side from Shamrock Rovers he is yet to receive a start from Postecoglou, despite receiving his first call-up to the Ireland senior set-up. The Australian insists he won't rush Scales into the starting XI despite his problems in the full-back position.
    Gollum
    Administrator
    Administrator

Sternzeichen:

Beitragvon Gollum » Fr 3. Dez 2021, 14:50

Celtic star Liam Scales and ex-Hoops and Rangers ace Liam Burt named in Irish Premier Division Team of the Year
    Scales spent the first half of the campaign with Shamrock Rovers before joining Celtic on a four-year deal during the summer. He made 23 appearances in the league for the Dublin side and scored two goals, as well as getting three assists.

Bei Ange scheint er trotzdem ziemlich außen vor zu sein zur Zeit. Er hat ja schon davon gesprochen, dass im Winter noch ein paar Spieler verliehen werden sollten und Scales könnte, falls sich daran in den nĂ€chsten Wochen nichts Ă€ndert, wohl ein Kandidat dafĂŒr sein.
    Gollum
    Administrator
    Administrator

Sternzeichen:

Beitragvon Gollum » Do 9. Dez 2021, 15:42

Kaum geschrieben, da erzielt er bei seinem ersten Premiership Einsatz fĂŒr Celtic gegen Dundee Utd nach wenigen Minuten auch schon sein erstes Tor (ab 3:52).

Celtic TV - Liam Scales post match interview after scoring in his Hoops league debut

Einstand nach Maß, jetzt bin ich mal auf die nĂ€chsten Spiele/Wochen gespannt.
    Gollum
    Administrator
    Administrator

Sternzeichen:

Re: 5 # Liam Scales / Abwehr / Aberdeen

Beitragvon Dinamo Baden » Di 21. Jun 2022, 16:09

Celtic vermeldet soeben das Liam, fĂŒr die kommende Saison zu den Dons verliehen wird

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    It's such a joy for us to see,
    For they play football the Celtic way.
    :celt6
    Dinamo Baden
    Artur Boruc
    Artur Boruc

Sternzeichen:
    Europ.: Jungfrau Chin.: BĂŒffel
    BeitrÀge: 2508
    Celtic-Points: 39.400,10 Celtic-Points
    Land: Deutschland

Beitragvon Gollum » Mi 22. Jun 2022, 13:27

Und die wollen ihn wohl am liebsten gleich ganz behalten...

Aberdeen keen to strike permanent deal for Celtic target as manager Jim Goodwin lands his man
    Aberdeen hope to land Liam Scales permanently after the defender signed a season-long loan from Celtic. The Irishman was a key transfer target for Dons boss Jim Goodwin. Goodwin tried to sign Scales during his time at St Mirren, but the Buddies were usurped by a bigger offer from the Scottish champions.

Naja, erstmal abwarten wie die Leihe so laufen wird.
    Gollum
    Administrator
    Administrator

Sternzeichen:

Beitragvon Gollum » Sa 24. Sep 2022, 14:54

Scales ist bei der 3-1 Niederlage gegen die Hibs am letzten Wochenende innerhalb einer Minute mit gelb rot vom Platz geflogen und hat dabei auch noch einen Elfer verursacht (ab 1:55).

Ansonsten lĂ€uft seine Leihe bisher aber durchaus erfolgreich, was auch schon mit einer Nominierung fĂŒr die irische A-Nationalmannschaft belohnt wurde.

Celtic loan report: Liam Scales' impressive early season form at Aberdeen
    Celtic loanee Liam Scales has been rewarded for his early season form at Aberdeen with a call-up to the Republic of Ireland squad. The centre-back, who signed for the Dons on a season-long loan in the summer, has been called up for the Republic’s upcoming Nations League games, which include a pivotal clash at Hampden against Scotland this weekend.
    Gollum
    Administrator
    Administrator

Sternzeichen:

Beitragvon Gollum » So 30. Apr 2023, 02:17

Aberdeen 2-0 Rangers: Liam Scales leads the way for rejuvenated Aberdeen
    At some point in recent weeks Liam Scales must have jumped through one of those portals you see in Marvel movies and entered the multiverse of footballing madness. The haunted Aberdeen defender of before has been left behind amid the smouldering embers of all those losses under Jim Goodwin - the 4-0 at Tannadice, the 5-0 at Hearts, the 6-0 at Hibernian and the catastrophe that was Darvel, a loss that only feels like it happened in another lifetime. Scales played in all of those. He bore the scars. He got sent off at 4-0 at Easter Road and as he made his way off he would have given Goodwin and owner Dave Cormack an almighty run for their money as the nation's most miserable man. He could not have looked more at sea had he hired a boat and sailed off into the distance, back to his homeland on Ireland's south-east coast. That was then. This is now. The Scales we see now, alongside Angus MacDonald and Mattie Pollock, is a different person; utterly comfortable in a reconstituted defensive line that has not conceded a goal in an age, a trio that had the presence of nightclub doormen turning away Rangers players at every turn with a 'not tonight lads' vibe. Scales did not just settle for playing a huge part in keeping Rangers out and extending Aberdeen's run of clean sheets to seven, he also, of course, unlocked this pulsating contest down the other end with a goal from a mile out on the left. In getting his cross so wrong, he got it absolutely right. For Aberdeen folk, the fact that it was Alfredo Morelos - a cartoon baddie in these parts - that he mugged in the preamble before launching his effort over the despairing Allan McGregor made it just about the most perfect goal. Pittodrie went berserk in that moment.

Nett geschrieben! Und egal ob es nun Absicht war oder nicht, schöner als sein Treffer beim 2-0 Sieg gegen die Rangers am letzten Wochenende kann ein Tor doch wirklich garnicht sein! :celt3
    Gollum
    Administrator
    Administrator

Sternzeichen:

Beitragvon Gollum » Fr 25. Aug 2023, 12:39

Scales hat in Aberdeen eine starke Saison gespielt (39 EinsĂ€tze, 1 Tor, 1 Assist), vor allem nachdem Barry Robson dort ĂŒbernommen hat war er einer der Garanten fĂŒr deren defensive StabilitĂ€t. Und die Dons hĂ€tten ihn auch gerne behalten, eine weitere Leihe dorthin schien bis vor Kurzem das wahrscheinlichste Szenario zu sein, obwohl Sclaes bei uns einige Pre Season EinsĂ€tze bekommen und dabei auch keinen schlechten Eindruck hinterlassen hatte.

Aber mit den lĂ€ngeren VerletzungsausfĂ€llen von gleich drei Innenverteidigern bei uns könnten die Karten nochmal neu gemischt werden, damit ist Scales in der IV vorerst von der No 5 zur No 2 geworden. Und auch wenn wir bis nĂ€chste Woche noch einen weiteren Verteidiger verpflichten denke ich nicht, dass wir ihn dann noch abgeben werden, also wenn es fĂŒr ihn eine Chance zum Durchbruch bei uns geben sollte, dann ist sie wohl wirklich jetzt.
    Gollum
    Administrator
    Administrator

Sternzeichen:

Beitragvon Big John » Fr 25. Aug 2023, 21:27

Ich denke es wird fast keine andere Möglichkeit geben, als dass er morgen spielt
 Sicher ein sympthischer junger Kerl, aber in keinster Weise „Celtic Class“. Wir brauchen Innenverteidiger ala CCV, damals VVD oder dergleichen. Solche Verteidiger haben uns Meisterschaften und Pokalsiege beschert
 Scales sehe ich als ErgĂ€nzungsspieler, aber mehr nicht
 Ich kann mir nicht vorstellen, dass er sich so entwickelt, dass er sich fest spielen kann.
    That was Brother Walfrid's dream
    Big John
    John Hartson
    John Hartson

Sternzeichen:
    Europ.: Stier Chin.: Schlange
    BeitrÀge: 5477
    Celtic-Points: 157.098,35 Celtic-Points

Beitragvon Gollum » Mo 4. Sep 2023, 12:39

'He's a warrior' - Brendan Rodgers heaps praise on Liam Scales
    Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers described Republic of Ireland defender Liam Scales as "a warrior" after his player-of-the-match performance in Sunday's 1-0 victory at Rangers. Scales has been thrust into the team after a season-long loan at Aberdeen following injuries to four centre-backs. In an Ibrox furnace, the former Shamrock Rovers and UCD man was excellent - composed on the ball and aggressive in the tackle.

Wie es mittelfristig mit ihm weitergeht, wenn CCV, Nawrocki und Welsh wieder an Bord sein werden, bleibt natĂŒrlich abzuwarten aber besser hĂ€tte man seine Chance erstmal nicht nutzen können, als Sclaes das gestern im Ibrox getan hat. Falls er bis Mitte/Ende Oktober so weitermacht, dĂŒrfte er es Rodgers zumindest nicht leicht machen, ihn wieder dauerhaft aus dem Team zu nehmen.

Celtic TV - Liam Scales On the Match | Rangers 0-1 Celtic | Man of the Match performance for Irishman at Ibrox
    Gollum
    Administrator
    Administrator

Sternzeichen:

Beitragvon McCeltic » Mo 4. Sep 2023, 19:12

Gollum hat geschrieben:'He's a warrior' - Brendan Rodgers heaps praise on Liam Scales
    Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers described Republic of Ireland defender Liam Scales as "a warrior" after his player-of-the-match performance in Sunday's 1-0 victory at Rangers. Scales has been thrust into the team after a season-long loan at Aberdeen following injuries to four centre-backs. In an Ibrox furnace, the former Shamrock Rovers and UCD man was excellent - composed on the ball and aggressive in the tackle.

Wie es mittelfristig mit ihm weitergeht, wenn CCV, Nawrocki und Welsh wieder an Bord sein werden, bleibt natĂŒrlich abzuwarten aber besser hĂ€tte man seine Chance erstmal nicht nutzen können, als Sclaes das gestern im Ibrox getan hat. Falls er bis Mitte/Ende Oktober so weitermacht, dĂŒrfte er es Rodgers zumindest nicht leicht machen, ihn wieder dauerhaft aus dem Team zu nehmen.

Celtic TV - Liam Scales On the Match | Rangers 0-1 Celtic | Man of the Match performance for Irishman at Ibrox

FĂŒr schlechter als Welsh halte ich ihn auf keinen Fall. Aber schön zu sehen wenn wir gute Optionen haben wenn mal einer verletzt ist. :top1
    Season 2016/17 Treble Winner
    Season 2017/18 Treble Winner
    Season 2018/19 Treble Winner
    Season 2019/20 SPL Champion, League Cup Winner

Celtic Football Club 1888

Froggies CSC
    McCeltic
    Administrator
    Administrator

Sternzeichen:
    Europ.: Zwilling Chin.: Hund
    BeitrÀge: 16497
    Celtic-Points: 330.740,00 Celtic-Points

Beitragvon Big John » Di 5. Sep 2023, 11:51

McCeltic hat geschrieben:
    Gollum hat geschrieben:'He's a warrior' - Brendan Rodgers heaps praise on Liam Scales

FĂŒr schlechter als Welsh halte ich ihn auf keinen Fall. Aber schön zu sehen wenn wir gute Optionen haben wenn mal einer verletzt ist. :top1

Stimmt, Scales war super gegen die Hunnen, aber man darf nicht vergessen, dass er bspw gegen St-Johnstone (also den Verein mit mehr Titeln seit 10 Jahren) richtig Probleme gehabt hatte. Dar wurde er zweimal richtig ĂŒbel im 1gg1 ausgespielt...
    That was Brother Walfrid's dream
    Big John
    John Hartson
    John Hartson

Sternzeichen:
    Europ.: Stier Chin.: Schlange
    BeitrÀge: 5477
    Celtic-Points: 157.098,35 Celtic-Points

Beitragvon Gollum » Sa 14. Okt 2023, 17:37

Irish debutant's big night marred by inept team display
    Liam Scales was rewarded for his fine start to the season at Celtic with a first international cap. IT WAS a night Liam Scales will never forget but one most Irish fans won’t remember. The 25-year-old defender was rewarded for his fine start to the season at Celtic with a first international cap. The former Shamrock Rovers player delivered a solid performance under difficult circumstances — and when Stephen Kenny opted to make a change to the defence at the break, it was the more experienced (at international level) Nathan Collins who made way rather than Scales.

Das Spiel lief fĂŒr Irland nicht wirklich gut (0-2, fĂŒr die Griechen gelang ĂŒbrigens einem gewissen Giakoumakis ein Tor und eine Vorlage) aber fĂŒr Scales war es sicher trotzdem ein besonderer Moment und der verdiente Lohn fĂŒr einen wirklich starken Saisonstart.
    Gollum
    Administrator
    Administrator

Sternzeichen:

Beitragvon Gollum » Fr 20. Okt 2023, 14:19

- Liam Scales ‘wanted out’ of Celtic this summer before defender’s ‘amazing’ rise under Brendan Rodgers
    It's been a whirlwind few months for Liam Scales. From playing for Aberdeen to starring for Celtic in the Champions League and for his country - his life and career has been turned upside down. He is perhaps the biggest surprise for Celtic fans this season as he was deemed surplus to requirements when he initially returned from his loan at Pittodrie. Majority of supporters expected him to head for the exit door but his rise under Brendan Rodgers has led to him being a key player for the team instead. Even the manager himself recently revealed that the defender has been arguably his biggest surprise in all his years in management.

- Inside the incredible rise of Celtic star Liam Scales from transcribing Gaelic tapes to playing in the Champions League
    Liam Scales once spent a week transcribing Gaelic tapes as punishment for missing a university trip so he could play football. Now he’s writing his own headlines with his performances on the pitch. Scales, 25, looked to be on his way out of Parkhead, but instead grabbed his chance when Celtic suffered an early-season defensive crisis.
    Gollum
    Administrator
    Administrator

Sternzeichen:

Beitragvon Gollum » Fr 1. Dez 2023, 13:19

Liam Scales hopes Celtic deal him in with a new contract
    LIAM SCALES has gone from Siberia to the Celtic first team, and such has been his rise, he is now even featuring in transfer stories and being linked with moves to other clubs. It has been mentioned in despatches that the centre-back has been attracting the attention of Belgian side Anderlecht with his recent performances for club and country, but there is no doubt where Scales wants to be for the long haul. He may well get his wish, with Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers saying last week that he hopes to reward Scales with a new long-term contract at the club, and while the player himself is taking a back seat in any negotiations to extend his current deal - set to expire in 2025 - he is clear about where he sees his future.
    Gollum
    Administrator
    Administrator

Sternzeichen:

Beitragvon Gollum » Mi 14. Feb 2024, 12:20

Gollum hat geschrieben:Liam Scales hopes Celtic deal him in with a new contract
    LIAM SCALES has gone from Siberia to the Celtic first team, and such has been his rise, he is now even featuring in transfer stories and being linked with moves to other clubs. It has been mentioned in despatches that the centre-back has been attracting the attention of Belgian side Anderlecht with his recent performances for club and country, but there is no doubt where Scales wants to be for the long haul. He may well get his wish, with Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers saying last week that he hopes to reward Scales with a new long-term contract at the club, and while the player himself is taking a back seat in any negotiations to extend his current deal - set to expire in 2025 - he is clear about where he sees his future.

Liam Scales new Celtic contract is ON as club push button to tie key defender down
    The Hoops have now opened discussions with the Republic of Ireland international, who is out of contract in the summer of 2025. Brendan Rodgers is looking to extend that agreement having been impressed with his fellow Irishman who has gone from the fringes to become a key man for Rodgers’ side this season. The manager said last month that contract talks had begun but Scales contradicted that a couple of weeks later by saying there had been nothing really in terms of discussions. Celtic have now come to the table and want to sort out the 25-year-old’s long-term future. The Scottish champions signed him from Shamrock Rovers in 2021, and he had a successful loan at Aberdeen last season before a defensive crisis this season opened the door for him to get his big break at Celtic. He has also broken into the Republic of Ireland set-up and become one of Celtic’s first-choice defenders.
    Gollum
    Administrator
    Administrator

Sternzeichen:

ZurĂŒck zu The Team