Das Team Forenränge
Tippen Alle Tipps Ergebnisse Tabelle Rangliste Spieltag Gesamtrangliste Tipprunden-Regeln
FAQ Nutzungsbedingungen Datenschutzrichtlinien
  • Nachrichteneingang
  • Nachricht verfassen
  • Administration Moderations-Bereich Info Boxes
  • Übersicht
  • Einstellungen
  • Freunde und ignorierte Mitglieder
  • Celtic-Points Informationen
    31. SPL Spieltag
    31.03.2024 13 Uhr DZ
    Tony Macaroni Arena
    Livingston - Celtic FC

16 # James McCarthy / Mittelfeld

Alles zur aktuellen Mannschaft und den einzelnen Spielern

16 # James McCarthy / Mittelfeld

Beitragvon Gollum » Sa 7. Aug 2021, 02:21

James McCarthy can’t wait to get started after dream Celtic move

After turning out for Celtic’s Under-17s at Barrowfield, James McCarthy swapped Paradise for Hamilton’s New Douglas Park in the mid-2000s. Moves to Wigan, Everton and Crystal Palace south of the border followed in the intervening years, before the 30-year-old midfielder completed a ‘dream move’ back to Glasgow’s East End this week. While Ange Postecoglou and his squad were preparing for their UEFA Europa League third qualifying round first leg against FK Jablonec in the Czech Republic, the Republic of Ireland internationalist has spent the last few days training hard at Lennoxtown and now can’t wait to meet up with his new team-mates.
    Speaking to the official Celtic website, the lifelong Hoops fan said: “It’s a dream come true. Growing up, I was massive Celtic fan and have been since. Throughout the family, it’s a massive thing for each and every one us and I can’t wait to get started now. It’s something you dream of as a kid.
    “There has been a lot of speculation throughout the years, but when I knew it was happening this time it was a no-brainer. As soon as I heard about the interest, I wanted to make it happen as soon as possible.
    “Lennoxtown is an amazing training ground. I’ve been to Celtic Park many times as a supporter, but walking into the Training Centre, being able to put the training kit on, meeting a few of the lads, that’s fantastic.
    “Obviously, most of the team were away for the European game, but being at Lennoxtown has been amazing. Again, I just can’t wait to get started.”
    McCarthy said texts from the manager and club captain Callum McGregor have made him feel welcome, as have all the staff at the club’s training centre. And with the news that Paradise is on the cusp of welcoming fans back to a full-capacity stadium, McCarthy can’t wait to hit the ground running.
    He added: “I want to make sure I give everything. I know what it means myself, and growing up supporting Celtic, watching Celtic, I know what I means to the fans. The main thing I want to do is do well – for the club, my teammates and the fans.
    “I want to make sure we win games. I know the pressure that comes with that, and we need to make sure we win, week in, week out.
    “I played for Hamilton at Celtic Park a couple of times, but to have the chance to do so in the home dressing room, and to have the backing of a full house, the thought alone is unbelievable and I can’t wait to experience it.”

Celtic TV - First Interview with new Bhoy James McCarthy
    Slawa Ukrajini - Tiocfaidh ĂĄr lĂĄ
    Gollum
    Administrator
    Administrator

Sternzeichen:
    Europ.: Löwe Chin.: Drache
    BeitrÀge: 6350
    Celtic-Points: 391.498,65 Celtic-Points

Re: 16 # James McCarthy / Mittelfeld

Beitragvon Gollum » Sa 7. Aug 2021, 03:11

Big John hat geschrieben:Eine kleine Einstimmung auf unseren neuen Spieler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMJZWNZaZA8

Zwölf Jahre zu spĂ€t ist er nun doch bei uns angekommen aber was lange wĂ€hrt wird ja bekanntermaßen endlich gut. :celt4

Über James McCarthy muss man denke ich nicht mehr viel sagen, wenn er noch das im Tank hat, was ihn einstmals ausgezeichnet hat, dann könnte er bei uns derjenige werden, der die LĂŒcke fĂŒllt die Browns Abschied hinterlassen hat, als KĂ€mpfer, als FĂŒhrungsspieler und als ordnende Kraft im Mittelfeld. Und wenn er fit bleiben bzw seine alte Fitness zurĂŒckgewinnen kann natĂŒrlich, das ist bei ihm ja leider doch ein gewisses Fragezeichen.

James McCarthy’s injury record in focus as new Celtic signing aims to silence the doubters at boyhood heroes
    Gollum
    Administrator
    Administrator

Sternzeichen:

Beitragvon Gollum » Mi 22. Sep 2021, 00:40

Celtic star James McCarthy ‘struggling in training’ with intensity of Ange Postecoglou’s sessions
    Celtic midfielder James McCarthy has struggled with the intensity of Ange Postecoglou's training, and the Australian nor the club's scouting department were heavily involved in his signing.

Man konnte am Sonntag deutlich sehen wieviel Fitness und Spielpraxis ihm noch fehlt, da hatte ich auf deutlich mehr Impact gehofft. Aber er hatte ja auch keine echte Saisonvorbereitung, dann auch schon in seiner kurzen Zeit bei uns mit kleineren Verletzungen zu kĂ€mpfen und zudem in der LĂ€nderspielwoche wohl mit einer COVID-Infektion, also wo sollte die Fitness auch herkommen? Er wird Zeit brauchen, anders geht es nicht, auch wenn wir die eigentlich nicht haben. Und dann kann man nur hoffen, dass er zu alter StĂ€rke zurĂŒckfindet.

Ich glaube schon, dass McCarthy, wenn es gelingt ihn wieder auf sein altes Level zu bringen, ein Spieler sein kann der uns weiterhilft. Gelingt das aber nicht, dann wird natĂŒrlich auch in seinem Fall die Frage laut werden, wer denn eigentlich in diesem Sommer unser Recruitment und unsere Transfers verantwortet (und in diesem Fall McCarthy einen Vierjahresvertrag gegeben) hat.
    Gollum
    Administrator
    Administrator

Sternzeichen:

Beitragvon Gollum » Fr 19. Nov 2021, 01:57

Real reason James McCarthy has struggled to make Celtic impact pinpointed by Ange Postecoglou
    ANGE POSTECOGLOU insists he has faith that James McCarthy will eventually prove his worth after failing to break into the first-team since his summer move. McCarthy has yet to cement his place in the side after struggling with fitness and injuries since his arrival in August on a free after his contract expired at Crystal Palace. He has only started two games so far for Celtic this season.
    Gollum
    Administrator
    Administrator

Sternzeichen:

Beitragvon Gollum » Do 2. Jun 2022, 23:55

James McCarthy tipped for Celtic turnaround as mentor insists he will make 'cynics eat their words' like Scott Brown
    Following a frustrating start to a four-year-deal as Ange Postecoglou’s first signing, McCarthy has yet to convince the Hoops fans he’s capable of holding down a midfield berth with the likes of Callum McGregor, Reo Hatate, Yosuke Ideguchi, and Matt O’Riley all vying for a spot. The departures of Tom Rogic and Nir Bitton haven’t even opened an obvious first-team route for McCarthy. But Billy Reid is adamant the Republic of Ireland star will call on the same strength of character which carried him through his Accies auditions as a starry-eyed youth to reverse popular opinion.
    Gollum
    Administrator
    Administrator

Sternzeichen:

Beitragvon Gollum » Do 23. Jun 2022, 21:43

The Celtic gap James McCarthy is primed to fill as forgotten man set to relish level playing field
    James McCarthy spent last term playing catch-up. But next week he will start a season on a level playing field with the rest of the Celtic squad. And there surely remains a door wide open for McCarthy to step through and help solve a potential problem for boss Ange Postecoglou. The midfielder has become something of a forgotten man amongst the supporters. With Nir Bitton and Tom Rogic departing at the same time, there are a couple of holes to be filled in the middle of the park.
    Gollum
    Administrator
    Administrator

Sternzeichen:

Beitragvon Gollum » Di 8. Nov 2022, 23:19

Celtic star James McCarthy sidelined by ‘significant injury’ as veteran midfielder’s Hoops woes continue
    JAMES McCARTHY is looking at sustained period on the sidelines after picking up a "significant" hamstring injury in training. The veteran Republic of Ireland star has started just six matches since joining Celtic last summer - with none of them coming during this campaign. He played a crucial role from the bench as the Hoops grabbed a priceless win at McDiramid Park earlier in the season - but hopes of him making an impact ahead of the World Cup break have been dashed after he injured a hamstring in training.
    Gollum
    Administrator
    Administrator

Sternzeichen:

Beitragvon Big John » Di 11. Jul 2023, 19:20

Wir haben offenbar mit James McCarthy bis 2028 verlÀngert
. Wer hat das entschieden? :D
    That was Brother Walfrid's dream
    Big John
    John Hartson
    John Hartson

Sternzeichen:
    Europ.: Stier Chin.: Schlange
    BeitrÀge: 5477
    Celtic-Points: 157.098,35 Celtic-Points
    Land: Deutschland

Beitragvon Gollum » Di 11. Jul 2023, 20:24

Was, woher kommt denn diese Info?? Halte ich erstmal fĂŒr extrem abwegig ehrlich gesagt...
    Gollum
    Administrator
    Administrator

Sternzeichen:

Beitragvon Dinamo Baden » Mi 12. Jul 2023, 07:55

Da hat sich einer einen Spaß erlaubt und aus der Callum VerlĂ€ngerung eine McCarthy VerlĂ€ngerung gebastelt
    It's such a joy for us to see,
    For they play football the Celtic way.
    :celt6
    Dinamo Baden
    Artur Boruc
    Artur Boruc

Sternzeichen:
    Europ.: Jungfrau Chin.: BĂŒffel
    BeitrÀge: 2508
    Celtic-Points: 39.400,10 Celtic-Points
    Land: Deutschland